If you want to take a pet at home, but you do not want to play with it, you have to choose fishes. They are the most calm “pets”, which exist. They do not leave fur all around your house, they won’t jump on the table and eat your meal. Should I move on? They cannot do anything bad. The fishes even do not make noise. After these arguments, you will say that they are the perfect roommate. Unfortunately, that is not true. Their “home” should be clean all the time. You cannot go to a vacation for a week, because you have to leave your fish in a dirty aquarium. So, do you know how to clean it, or I have to tell you?
Here are the steps, which spring cleaning Sydney gave to me.
1) One of the most important items in the aquarium is the filter system. You have to clean the filter almost every day. It is good to do it once per 2-3 days. But be careful, because they are very brittle and could be out of use. So, make sure that there are no gravel pieces, or plants stuck in it. If you find something like that, you have to remove it and if the filter doesn’t work properly, buy a new one.
2) While cleaning the aquarium, you have to take out the fishes. It is good to take another container and pour the water from the tank in there. When you finish with the cleaning, you can place them back. And do not forget to pour clean water in the washed aquarium.
3) You have to clean everything, which is in the tank with hot water. It is even better if you boil the gravel, that way you will kill the bacteria and protect your fish’s life.
4) You have to prevent algae in the fish tank. They pollute the water and there is a chance to break the filter. If you do not remove them on time, they could kill the fish.
5) Cleaners in Sydney recommend avoiding the chemical cleaning products.
Well, it is not that hard, right? Now, you can be calm, that your fishes won’t die.